Digital Media Download Center
Wisconsin's Digital Library is a catalog of downloadable ebooks, videos, music and audiobooks available to Wisconsin residents. To get started, Sign In by choosing your library and entering your library card number. Visit the "Help" resources for more information on using the database.
Step-by-step Guides for Downloading eBooks and Audiobooks
The following online databases provide a wealth of information in a variety of formats. Some of the databases may require a password, available at your local library, or access may be limited to in-library use.
Ancestry Library Edition is an extensive library genealogy research tool. Access is limited to in-library use at any NWLS library. Promotional bookmarks and training materials are available.
Library Database Center
The BadgerLink* database portal offers Wisconsin residents access to business, health, literature, magazine and newspaper resources, many available in full-text. For more information about the EBSCO databases in BadgerLink, visit the online support center. If you are unable to access any BadgerLink database, log in using the Library Card Access page. The following databases are among the many resources available through Badgerlink:
- Auto Repair Reference Center - Repair manuals for most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles, with repair information for most vintage makes starting as far back as 1954.
- Consumer Health Complete - Includes more than 200 health and wellness reference books and encyclopedias, thousands of health reports, drug evaluation sheets, videos, pamphlets and other documents.
- HeritageQuest - Research ancestors and historical sources dating back to the 1700s.
- MasterFILE Premier- A general reference database with nearly 1,700 publications with full text information dating as far back as 1975. Accessed in BadgerLink's Database List.
- NoveList - A readers' advisory database with over 150,000 fiction titles, and over 4000 custom created articles and lists. Access Feature Articles, BookTalks, and Book Discussion Guides along with Author Read-alikes, Readers' Advisory training content and a variety of other reader materials.
- NoveList K-8 - A readers' advisory database for grades K-8 with collection of titles, BookTalks, Recommended Reads book lists and more.
- TeachingBooks.net - Thousands of resources for k-12 multimedia fiction and nonfiction reading activities for educators, librarians, students and families supporting language arts, book clubs, art educators, social studies and much more.
- EBSCOhost - A rich eBook collection of books, journals, and database content. Select the EBSCO Database List, then select the eBook Collection. Sign in at the top of the page
- LearningExpress Library - A learning center for people of all ages and education levels interested in acquiring extra skills for school or work.
*BadgerLink is a project of the Department of Public Instruction's Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning for the citizens of Wisconsin. Funding is provided through the Public Service Commission Universal Service Fund.