The primary use of SPL rooms is for library programs and library-sponsored activities. Meeting rooms and grounds shall not be available for the financial benefit of private individuals or organizations.
Day of the Meeting
Your group’s meeting organizer must register at the Front Desk to pay any fees, receive this policy and checklist, and allow library staff to unlock the room. Let the Front Desk staff know when you are done with the room. You are responsible for damages to library property and the meeting room until library staff have checked and locked it.
- Meeting Room: (seats up to 105) - has screen, lectern, microphone
- Classroom: (seats up to 25) - has screen, lectern, 2 round and 2 long tables
- Kitchen (available to Meeting Room and Classroom only): has refrigerator, sink, microwave (cooking prohibited)
- Conference Room: (seats up to 12) – has white board, 3 folding tables
- Creator Room: (seats up to 12) – white board, 2 folding tables, tile floor
Equipment Available (on request)
Easel, white board and markers, microphone (for large meeting room only), laptop and digital projector. The rooms have public wireless Internet access. There are rental fees for some equipment (see below).
- Meeting Room: $50 for up to 4 hours, $70 for more than 4 hours
- Classroom, Conference Room, Creator Room: $30 for up to 4 hours, $40 for more than 4 hours
- Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis, and may be scheduled up to 3 months in advance at no charge. If the entire year is requested, up to 12 meetings per year can be scheduled for a reservation fee of $25.
- Equipment rental fee of $10 due before the meeting for: laptop, projector, DVD player, microphone
- There will be a fee of $50 if the library must clean up after the group. Do not leave food behind and return tables and chairs to the places you found them. Damage to the carpet or paint will result in actual repair costs charged to the meeting organizer.
Government and non-profit organizations and those determined eligible on a case by case basis by the library director or designee shall be rent free. However, donations are encouraged.
- The library has the right to transfer individuals or a group to another meeting room in the library.
- Meeting rooms are available only at times the library is open to the public.
- Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance or you will be charged $10 for use of the room.
- The adult who reserves the room is responsible to ensure that the group pays any fees due, and adheres to all library meeting room policies.
- Parties or purely commercial events where products, services or memberships are advertised, solicited or sold are not allowed.
- Only non-profit groups may collect dues, fees, or event charges from attendees.
- Refreshments and light meals may be served, but cooking is prohibited. The library does not provide coffee makers, dishes, utensils, or paper products.
- Library staff will not be responsible for setting up tables and chairs.
- Meeting room users shall not publicize their event in any way that implies that it is in any way endorsed by the library, unless permission to do so has been given by the library director or designee.
- The library parking lot has a 2 hour time limit. If more time is needed, please inform your group ahead of time that they must park in the North parking lot (borders Belknap), or on the street.
- Nothing may be attached to any library surface or object. (Easels are available)
- Fire exit doors shall not be blocked in any way.
- Storage space is not provided. The library is not responsible for items left behind.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are prohibited anywhere in the library or within 50' of the library entrance.
- The library does not accept calls or relay messages to persons attending meetings except in emergencies.
- Events must end and be cleaned up by your reservation’s ending time or by the closing time of the library.
- All rooms shall be left in the same condition as you found them.
The library director or designee has the authority to revoke permission for use of meeting rooms if this policy or these rules are not followed.