Meeting Room Policy
The primary use of SPL rooms is for library programs and library sponsored activities. Meeting rooms and grounds shall not be available for the financial benefit of private individuals or organizations.
- Meeting Room: (seats up to 105) - has TV, VCR/DVD player, screen, piano, podium
- Classroom: (seats up to 25) - has TV, VCR/DVD player, screen, podium, 2 round and 2 long tables & chairs
- Kitchen: has stove, refrigerator, microwave (cooking prohibited)
Equipment Available (on request)
Easel, white board, markers, microphone, laptop and digital projector, slide projector & carousel, overhead projector on cart. The rooms have public wireless Internet access.
- Meeting Room: $50 for up to 4 hours, $70 for more than 4 hours
- Classroom: $30 for up to 4 hours, $40 for more than 4 hours
- Rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis, and may be scheduled up to 3 months in advance at no charge. If the entire year is requested, up to 12 meetings per year can be scheduled for a reservation fee of $25.
Government and non-profit organizations and those determined eligible on a case by case basis by the library director or designee shall be rent free. However, donations are encouraged.
- The library has the right to transfer individuals or a group to another meeting room in the library.
- Meeting rooms are available only at times the library is open to the public.
- Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance or you will be charged $10 for use of the room.
- The adult who reserves the room is responsible to ensure that the group pays any fees due, and adheres to all library meeting room policies.
- Parties or purely commercial events where products, services or memberships are advertised, solicited or sold are not allowed.
- Only non-profit groups may collect dues, fees, or event charges from attendees.
- Refreshments and light meals may be served, but cooking is prohibited. The library does not provide coffee makers, dishes, utensils, or paper products.
- Library staff will not be responsible for setting up tables and chairs.
- Meeting room users shall not publicize their event in any way that implies that it is in any way endorsed by the library, unless permission to do so has been given by the library director or designee.
- The library parking lot has a 2 hour time limit. If more time is needed, please inform your group ahead of time that they must park in the North parking lot (borders Belknap), or on the street.
- Nothing may be attached to any library surface or object. (Easels are available)
- Fire exit doors shall not be blocked in any way.
- Storage space is not provided. The library is not responsible for items left behind.
- Smoking and consumption of alcohol are prohibited anywhere in the library or within 50' of the library entrance.
- The library does not accept calls or relay messages to persons attending meetings except in emergencies.
- Events must end and be cleaned up by your reservation’s ending time or by the closing time of the library.
- All rooms shall be left in the same condition as you found them. The library charges a fee of up to $50 for cleanup. Do not leave food behind, and return tables and chairs to the places you found them.
- Let front desk staff know when you are done with the room. You are responsible for damages to library property, and the meeting room, until library staff have checked and locked it.
The library director or designee has the authority to revoke permission for use of meeting rooms if this policy or these rules are not followed.